Today was Jacob's first real day in primary. I was a bit bummed because I teach a class in the senior primary. The senior primary never sees the junior primary (they don't do opening/closing exercises together). Last week we were out of town and they sang to all the new sunbeams to welcome them in. I was sure that they would sing to Jacob since he wasn't there last week. I made sure that Anthony brought the camera to church to tape it since I couldn't be there. I was so excited after church to see the video and they didn't sing to him!! I was so sad. Your first born has their first day in primary only once (don't worry, if you think these are weird thoughts, Anthony thinks so, too). Anthony did take these pictures for me.


I was sad that this was all I had of his first day. Anthony did tell me that the person doing sharing time asked the kids who our two older brothers are (she was referring to Jesus and Satan). Anthony said that Jacob rose his hand and she called on him. When she asked him what he thought, Jacob said, "I don't know".
Next week is his birthday, right on Sunday. I am having Anthony bring the camera to tape the first time that he will get a birthday song sung to him in primary. Don't worry Makaylin, I probably won't be like this when you go into primary (no promises though).
1 comment:
Hilarious! And I can't believe he is really in Sunbeams! But what a disappointment that they didn't sing to him. I think I get my feelings hurt more when people forget my kids than when they forget me.
Post a Comment