Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Makaylin Overload with a Dash of Ethan

I know that this is a bit much but there is a reason for the Makaylin overload. My parents are in Hawaii right now and I feel like I need to keep them up to date on what is going on (we usually talk about everyday). Why do I have these odd feelings? Who knows. I really don't have much that goes on in my life except for my kids, so that's what everyone gets to hear about. So if you don't care to have a Makaylin overload right now, you may want to skip this one. I know for a fact however that there is at least one grandma who will love the Makaylin overload (and will probably be wanting more when it's over) so here we go:

This is a little nighty that I got at the kids sale. She will probably never wear it to bed but how can you pass up a nighty this cute for only a dollar? We were trying to get her to stand on the couch so you could see the nighty better but it wasn't working so great. We couldn't manage to get one without Anthony's hand in there or without her falling but I think she was having just as much fun with it as we were.

This is a blue little dress that I got. It clearly needs tights with it but you can only play fashion show with a 7 month old for so long.


This was a little pink shirt that I got. She has her "I'm a little sicky" face on but I still think she's cute.


I love when babies get to the "sticking their tongue out all the time" phase. Makaylin does it ALL the time.


No tongue but still cute just the same.



I thought I would just post this video for people who were jealous for the good baby food eater that I had. I think that we just had a case of beginners luck.



Here's the dash of Ethan:
I was running a bit late today picking Anthony up from school, I had an enrichment thing at the church. I thought that we could just stop at the mail box real fast though. When we got the first three post cards (my parents mailed them from Hawaii) Jacob asked if grandma and papa were going to send some more post cards. I told him that I didn't know and that we would have to see. I just had a feeling that there could be something in the mail today so I thought I would look real fast. Sure enough, there were three more. I didn't have time to read them to the kids so I just looked on the back to see whose was whose, gave them their cards and told them I would read them later. I asked them what was on their post cards while we were driving. Ethan said it was "a scary". I asked him what "the scary" was. "Scary", was his reply. When we got to the school I read them and saw that Ethan's "scary" was a sea turtle. Only little Ethan boy would think a turtle was scary.

4 comments:

alikiepke said...

That is so cute! I love Ethan, he's such a sweet boy. And for the record, I don't think that was an overload of Makaylyn ;)

traci said...

Cute pictures! And Ethan is really cute. That's funny that you called it the "stinking out the tongue" stage. I have never had a baby like that!:) Seriously. That is too funny. Do you and Anthony stick your tongues out all the time? Is that where they learn it from???

stacie said...

That's so cute about ethan. Jared and I just got back from Hawaii, and my favorite thing there was the sea turtles! I do have to say that the cartoon drawings are a bit cuter than the real thing, though! :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha- on teh sea turtle- how cute. MAKAYLIN IS SO CUTE! she is so big and totally different! she is so cute! you must be so in love with her. I loved her night gown- it looked like a dress up doll's night gown- and i loved that stripy dress- so cute!