Friday, March 5, 2010

Ethan has been feeling under the weather since last night. My friend called to see if we wanted to go to the park. I told her we would have to decline because of Ethan. She suggested that she could just take Jacob (to give her daughter someone to play with). I made the mistake of telling Jacob about it in front of Ethan. Trying to explain to a two year old why he can't go to the pirate park isn't an easy thing to do. He finally just got mad at me and went downstairs. He crawled under my sewing table and went to sleep (I brought down his blanket and doggy).


This is a project I've been working on since the beginning of time, well, since Jacob was a baby anyway. I found this little project idea in a Parents magazine. Someone had taken all of their children's "My first....."(Christmas, Easter, etc.) bibs and sewn them into a quilt. I've been gathering bibs and material (with the help of my mother) for like 10 years now. It's kind of a hard one to sew. Because of this it's been hard to get into the mood to sew it. This is Jacob's:



I still have a top row to sew but I need to get material for it.

Ethan and Makaylin's have most of the bibs sown on. I do need to get a bit more material for them. It's turning out much bigger then I expected. I was thinking that it would be cute to make a second boarder in like a blue or something. I will have to wait until I finish the white boarder all the way around to see if I will do this or not.
Now to go clean my house.....

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Rachel! I'm so proud of you for finally doing this! Good job! it's really cute