Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Monthly Post

I know I've been making this a habit, this sporadic posting thing. I do have a few excuses, like, moving and Christmas stuff and not knowing if I could download our pictures yet (not that I tried too hard to find out) and waiting for Christmas pictures to magically appear in my inbox without asking for them. You know...

Ok, let's just dive right in. Grab a chair, a cup of hot chocolate, maybe a sandwich and let's begin. (My mommy will be soooo happy!)

Our fun ginger bread houses.


These two did more "testing of the goods" then actual decorating.


This was the best picture I could get of this one (don't mind the moving boxes).


Makaylin with dad's creation.



I don't have pictures of Christmas with Anthony's family. His sister had a camera and if someone else is taking pictures I figure that's my ticket out of taking pictures. Problem is of course, making sure I copy the pictures. Anthony just talked to her tonight about sending them to us so as soon as she sends them, I'll get them posted, probably.

We went to see these really cool gingerbread houses at a hotel downtown Seattle. We took the light rail system in so we wouldn't have to worry about parking. Plus, the kids loved riding "the train". (If you click on the picture it should blow it up so you can see it better.)


This was made out of Rice Krispies. It was pretty impressive!



We had a little graduation party for Anthony after Christmas while his family was still here (oh, his family came to our house for Christmas).



One of Anthony's sister's made this cute cake. You really should have seen it BEFORE some little boy found the hiding spot and ate the face off. Sam did a really good job fixing it. I really should have taken a picture of Ethan's "work". You would really appreciate just how good this cake looks!


Some of Anthony's friends were able to come as well. It was very nice.



Our kids slept in our room while everyone was here. At least Jacob was able to sleep in style.



We spent Christmas with my parents and my brother and his wife at the beach. It was a bit cold but very fun!


My brother and his wife. I just love these two!


The weather was really not too bad for January. The last day we were there was very nice! We were able to go out on the beach without getting rained on!


Makaylin's coat was pretty cute on her. It was a bit big.

It kept her warm but she couldn't walk (or stand) in it very well.


We also spent some time down at the pool.


(You can never really be too safe.)

The pool was a bit cold so we spent a lot of time in here.


We went to a fun museum.

And went to a lighthouse.

Fun trip, good times!


I guess we don't have to worry about this little girl not drinking all of her cereal milk.
(Isn't she too young to be doing such a messy thing?)



I found a Halloween cookie decorating kit at a craft store before we moved. I thought it would be fun and give all the kids something to do while they were here for Christmas. (Yeah, it was Halloween but what kid cares about that when cookies are involved!) I forgot all about it while everyone was here however, so we just did it as a family.


(Yes, that's BLACK frosting. Oh, the fun!)


I know what you're thinking, THAT'S IT?!? Yep, that's all I have for now! (I told you to grab a sandwich!)

2 comments:

heideman said...

it is official, i like your hair longer.. it sure looks cute!

also i want to see photos of your house..

AMY AND MIKEY said...

your boys are so hilarious- the teenager comment- so funny. jacob sleeping with sunglasses on- so funny. and you have two ovens! awesome! and you have long hair! I love it! it looks so good on you! And it's straight?! Did you straighten it? I like it! Cute pics and fun stories- love makayla in that coat when she's about to fall over on the beach- so cute.