This post is really just for my mom. We are having a Strawberry Shortcake birthday party for Makaylin. That is much easier said than done. I guess people don't really like Strawberry Shortcake anymore. She's not the cute little pudgy girl anymore either. She's like a teenager now. And if you want to find a cute little doll, you'll be looking online. Anyway, that's a story within itself. We thought it would be fun to make her a little dress out of Strawberry Shortcake material. Well, people in Washington don't carry Strawberry Shortcake material. So, I have to improvise. This is a practice dress that I made. If you want to make one of these they are called pillow dresses. I didn't make mine out of a pillow though. You can find patterns and tutorials online. I'm not a sewer though so I just kinda wing everything. Patterns and me just don't get along.
So, mom, here's the dress. It's a little tight on her. I'll put a little more room around the belly area for the real one. I really couldn't get a great picture of it. It's a bit cuter in person but still not the cutest thing you've ever seen. I think it will work though. The material that I used is a bit stiff as well. I don't know that I love the bottom of it. It kinda sticks out a bit. Maybe it looks ok.
She did let me take pictures of it.





This is what the dress looks like off and before you tie the neck.

Then with the neck tied. I will use ribbon for the real thing.

And then here's the whole thing with it tied.

This is the material that I found.

The ribbon for the ties.

And then the little buttons.
No comments:
Post a Comment