Monday, September 13, 2010

Happiness = Flashlight (when you're two)

Our kids get pennies for doing jobs. Ethan has been getting pennies for going on the potty chair. Once they get one hundred, they get to pick something out from the dollar store. Ethan finally got one hundred!
He found this mag light that he's been wanting to play with. It's just a bit scary having such a heavy object in the hands of a crazy little boy. So, the mag light has been hiding. Ethan has been missing the mag light. We've been telling him that he should hurry and get one hundred pennies so he can go to the dollar store to buy one. We're joking of course but it seems to get him through the long days with no flashlight. He always tells us that he needs to get more pennies so he can get a red flashlight.
So, today we go to the dollar store to have him pick something out. On our way in I ask him what he thinks he wants to get. He tells me, a red flashlight. I asked him if he wanted to get a toy or a flashlight. He tells me he wants to get a toy. So, we're in the dollar store and I find a boyish looking aisle.
"Do you want to go down this one."
"No."
Next aisle.
"This one?"
"I don't see my flashlight."
Ok, so I find the aisle with the flashlights.
"There's my flashlight!"
Who knew that a flashlight could make a little boy so happy!

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that is so funny! he's so cute! and old!!!!!