
I found this pretty dress but it needed a bit of fixing for me to wear it. I guess I never really posted pictures so here is what I did last year. Of course I didn't take before and after pictures of either dress.
I made the images small since there are so many of them, plus the first one makes me look high when it's all big. So, this was what the dress looked like when I was done with it.

It didn't have sleeves in it so I just made a cape sewing sleeves into it at the same time. It's hard to explain but the sleeve and the cape are all one piece of material.


The neck was also a bit revealing, not covering all that it was supposed to, so I added a bit of material on both sides of the neck.

The dress was also a little small for me so I added material on the sides as well.

Not exactly a piece of art but it worked. The other thing, was that I was desperately trying to fix it just minutes before Steve's (Anthony's boss) annual Halloween party. And guess what I was doing before Steve's party this year! Fixing this beauty. (Again, I'm making them small.) I found this dress at a yard sale. Anthony was Mario and I was Princess Peach.
I had to use this picture because I really didn't like the other ones. I really wish that I had done a before shot of this one, but again, I only had about 1 1/2 hours to fix it before the party.

The sleeves were long and not very princessy. I cut the sleeves out (yea, with scissors, not a seam ripper), cut them in half and then sewed them together to make the sleeves bigger around the arm so that I could make them poofy. The only time that I have ever sewed in pleats was with Makaylin's blessing dress and I had my friend Amy pin the pleats in. They didn't turn out to bad, although one was much better then the other. The pleats kept falling out of one sleeve but I didn't have time to fix them.

The dress was pretty long so I cut the bottom off and sewed it into the waist creating the little skirt type thing, again putting in pleats.

The long sleeves had a cuff on them and they had little snaps. I put that around my pony tail to hide the black pony tail holder. The wig was a mess which is why I just wore it back.

It was actually really fun to do and I taught myself a lot. Maybe next year I shall start the day before (or even the week before) Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment