Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wow, do I have a lot to catch up on!! This is like, I don't know, two weeks worth. You might want to sit down for this one (if you aren't already).

Anthony bought a bike a couple weeks ago. It's a smaller bike then the one that Jacob has. Right when we got it home he took the training wheels off of it. It didn't take Jacob long to start riding it, I was pretty impressed. He's a bit shaky on it still, he has a skinned elbow to prove it. I don't think he's quite ready to have the training wheels off his bigger bike but he sure is getting there.




Two cute boys.



Ethan and Makaylin playing trucks.



This was just a walk we went on, probably last Sunday.


This was the best picture that I could get with Ethan and his bike by the time we started heading back home.


This was a little activity that Jacob did for preschool .They filled a sock with dirt and then put grass seed on the top. The face is made from thumb tacks.


These are bean and pea starts. If you look closely, you can see how the seeds are starting to sprout.

We did a project at for preschool at our house painting flower pots.

Of course the two year old thought it was way more fun to paint himself.



My parents came for a visit about a week before my mom's birthday. I thought it would be fun to have a little surprise party for her. The kids had fun decorating and then yelling "Surprise!" when my mom came in.


It was a fairly warm day yesterday. My children thought it was warm enough to play in the sprinkler. At first, this was how close they got to it.


Then they got close enough to get their watering cans wet.


Then they finally got in. I should have gotten a picture at the end. Ethan was so cold he was shaking. They came in for a nice warm shower.



Today was Mother's day.When I got up, Anthony had made pancakes and eggs for breakfast. They also had presents for me! They gave me a cheese grader (one with a handle that wont come off), some seeds and a big Tupperware box full of dirt. I wish we could have gotten a picture of Ethan's face when he helped me open it up. He was a bit confused that daddy would get me a box full of dirt. I've been trying to plant a few things and I've just been using milk jugs. Sometimes I start these things and they don't work or I end up not being too excited about it a few weeks later. I didn't want to put a bunch of money into pots if this was the case. Anyway, Anthony had seen someone using Tupperware boxes to plant vegetables in. It's not a bad idea. I haven't taken any pictures of my little outside garden yet so I will post some when I do.
My parents bought a new BBQ and gave us their old one. We had BBQ pork chops this evening. They were pretty good.
It was a very nice mother's day. What a wonderful blessing it is to be a mother (especially of these cute kids).

No comments: