Thursday, April 1, 2010

This is a long one. I started to make a different post for each thing but that's just too much work (especially after I already uploaded all the pictures on this one). If you don't have a couple hours to kill, just come back when you do :)

It was my week to do preschool this week. I found some fun projects to do on the Family Fun website. This was one of them:


I wasn't looking forward to helping 5 kids frost the doughnut holes and so I came up with a brilliant plan. If I made the frosting a little thinner, I could just dunk the doughnut holes in the frosting.
This was what my brilliant plan looked like (it's a good thing that I know that sometimes my brilliant plans don't always work and know to try them before hand).


Jacob kept asking me if it was melting. Great, the kids are going to be to scared to eat these things. I thought that maybe I could just dunk all the doughnuts that night and then maybe they wouldn't be so drippy in the morning for preschool (maybe the kids would eat them as well).
You can't really see them which is probably for the better. They did end up eating them. (I'm only showing my children.)


If you are thinking that this one doesn't even look remotely close to the melting chick, well, that's because it doesn't. He licked all the frosting off before I could even put the doughnut holes on and ate the "eyes" and "beak" before those went on. I'm really not sure what happened to his coconut "grass". Perhaps he ate that as well? Or did it end up on the floor?



We also made these cute little bunnies and chicks which did end up turning out how they were suppose to. (The two year old made the bunny but was done when we did the chicks.)



We also made these little baskets. I just cut down a milk jug and had the kids cover them in material. We did a little Easter egg hunt inside the house.



These were a bit more appetizing to look at. It was a fun preschool week!



This is what we had for dinner on Thursday.

Why am I showing you what we had for dinner on Thursday? Well...we didn't really have fish sticks and fries. On the Family Fun website I found some fun things to do for April fools. The fish sticks are really wafer cookies covered in peanut butter and then rolled in crushed corn flakes. The fries are really sweet bread. The juice is jell-o and the cupcake is meatloaf with mashed potatoes on top. We were waiting for Anthony to come home and so I thought I would just take a quick picture of everything. Ethan saw what I was doing and wanted to have a cupcake. It was hard to convince him that we needed to wait until daddy came home although I think that if I would have let him have a bite, he wouldn't have wanted a cupcake anymore. Anyway, Anthony finally came home but was in a bit of a hurry. He had some church stuff to do. He told me that he didn't have much time for dinner. I had been planning this for about a week. I told him that he did have a few minutes for dinner. He came in and I had him sit down right away (I didn't want him going in the kitchen). We said a prayer and right away Jacob and Anthony took a drink of their juice. Jacob tried to get it out for awhile and then kept saying "It's not letting me, It's not letting me." He was getting pretty frustrated. Anthony kinda smiled and then picked up a fish stick. He bit into it and then just stared at it. It was all I could do to keep myself from laughing. At this point I shouted "April Fools". Anthony started cracking up. We finally got Ethan to take a drink of his "juice" (he still wanted a cupcake). He started saying "I can't get it out." Then I got the "cupcakes" out. Anthony told me that he didn't think that they were really cupcakes. Ethan and Jacob were pretty excited, until they tasted them. It was pretty fun. I think I may have just started a new tradition.


Mom, this is what I ended up doing with her wall, for now. Anthony said that her room is really starting to look girly. I said, "Thank you".


These are just some fun pictures that Anthony took of Makaylin eating Cheerios.


Playin' with the boys.

1 comment:

alikiepke said...

I love that April Fools Dinner! I might have to not tell my own family about it so I can do it next year!!!