
One night I was reading in my Parents magazine about a family who served their kids everything under the sun, and they ate everything. The mother was saying that a lot of the time it's all about the presentation. One thing that she did was call broccoli, dinosaur trees. I of coursed laughed it off and thought,"Yeah, that's really going to work with my kids."
Tonight I made some potato soup. I put corn, broccoli and cauliflower in as well. The kids of course didn't want anything to do with it (they are very anti-vegetables). I usually serve this soup with some kind of bread. The kids of course love the bread. Jacob ate all his and wanted more. We told him that he had to eat some soup to get more bread. He didn't want to touch his soup. In an effort to help him eat his soup, I asked him if he knew that he had dinosaur trees in his soup. His face lit up, "I do?" I showed him the broccoli and explained to him how dinosaurs eat these little trees. I asked him if he wanted to try one and he did. I gave him a dinosaur tree and expected to get a chewed up handful of broccoli. To my surprise, he ate. He even told me he wanted more! This is probably the first time he's had broccoli in his life. I think I might try these tricks I read more often.
Anthony now speaking:
After he ate the rest of his dinosaur trees, he asked me if he looked any taller, I told him that he did. He then said that when he gets taller taller he can drive the minivan and go on a mission. He then went over and grabbed the DVD cover for Lord of the Rings and said that he would also be able to watch this one.
2 comments:
Cute! I'll have to try that... Grace will eat vegis, but not Hunter. Now, what can I say peas are? ;)
I loved Anthony's part in this! That is so funny. Kids are so awesome.
Post a Comment