Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jacob's Haircut

I started cutting Anthony's hair when we lived in a small town and couldn't find a decent barber. I really don't know how to cut hair so it's been a learning process. I've cut Jacob's hair once before as well and it didn't look too bad. However, one should never cut hair while tired. I had Jacob all ready to go in the bath and had the clippers ready. I turned it on and started to shave from the bottom of his neck up. I notice how short it looked which was a bit surprising since I picked out the longest attachment. I looked at the clippers and noticed that I forgot to put the attachment on. That's um, pretty short, like skin head short. After staring at it for awhile I went into the bedroom where Anthony was and threw myself on the bed telling him how I was the worst mother in the world. He told me just to shave it all off but that's just way too short. This is what we ended up with.
I don't know if you know any two year olds, mine doesn't really sit still very well. Plus he had hair all over him which was driving him crazy. The back isn't really very straight, at all.


It's hard to tell just how short it is in the pictures but if you scroll down and look at other pictures (when he had hair) you can see how different it looks. And how very, very short it is. Good thing he's a boy.

1 comment:

traci said...

Hey! So I'm so sorry to inform you that your closest Sonic is in Salem. I guess you'll just have to be jealous! I love Jacob's haircut! I cut my girls' hair and it is quite the challenge. I usually have to sit them in front of Dora to get them to kind of keep still. But with girls there is more hair so if I've cut it uneven I can usually even it out without shaving their heads (so far)!