Friday, April 11, 2014

The Floor Project

The people who lived in our house before us did not take care of the carpet. The front room carpet was really stinky. Like they just let their dogs go all over the carpet and they didn't bother to clean it up. I got tired of the smell so the kids and I took that stinky carpet out. 
(I made them wear gloves.)


It smelled even worse when the carpet came up. It was so nice to have it out of our house though!

We decided that we had to tear this beautiful hard wood flooring out so that it would all match.


We had to put down a coat of Kilz so that it would knock out the smell. Then we had to put hardy backer on to raise the floor up a little bit.

Then, we finally put down the new flooring. I really love it. I can't wait for us to do the rest of the house. It's been a long slow process but it will look so nice when it's done!

No comments: