Thursday, February 2, 2012

I have some blogging to catch up on, as usual, but I thought I'd just show why I haven't been blogging. :)
I made some curtains for Makaylin's room! They took a bit longer then I had planned but it was fun! It was really hard to get good pictures of the pink one and some are kinda blurry but I think you'll get the idea.

I found this fun little "pack o' stuff" at a thrift store. I got it because it had a bunch of zippers in it. I figured if I didn't use the rest of the stuff I could just toss them. There was a bunch of bias tape. I wasn't sure I was going to use it or not. A couple days later, here it is on my (oh, Makaylin's) curtains! (The ribbon I already had.)


I didn't have enough bias tape to do all one color on the purple so it ended up with two different colors. It would have been way cute if it was pink.


This is the ribbon I put at the bottom. It was a bit more work then I would have done had I thought it out. I think it's really cute so I'm kinda glad I didn't think it through. I had to sew each section together.

Another thing in my little "pack o' stuff" were these little twist pins. I wanted to have a little ruffle at the top but I think I made it too long so it just flops down. I put the little twist pins (that I was never going to find a use for) in to hold the little flap down.

Now to figure out something cute (but boyish) to do with the boys curtains...

No comments: