Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ethan Ate a Strawberry!!!!

Well, two small little chunks of strawberry. Anyone who knows this small child will feel my excitement. He DOESN'T/WON'T eat fruit or vegetables of any kind, period! Even when he was a small baby he wouldn't eat bananas; what baby doesn't like bananas? Well, I decided that he is going to start eating them. Even if it's just a small bite, he's GOING to get over this no fruit or vegetable thing. We don't usually have dessert after dinner. I decided that we are going to start having it. It's not going to be anything big, just something little. BUT, they have to eat their dinner and Ethan has to have a bite of a fruit or vegetable. He doesn't have to eat a whole serving, just a bite. I know there's stuff out there that he will like, he just has to try them. Or, rather, he has to be made to try them.

So, I told him at dinner that we were going to have milkshakes but that he had to eat two little strawberries (I mean two small pieces) before he can have any. Of course he didn't so we saved them in a bowl for him. Usually when you show them the prize they aren't so reluctant to do it. It came time for me to make them so I thought I'd try again before I made them. He was playing outside (boy am I glad that he was outside!). He told me he just wanted a little piece so I bit one in half. He ate that one and boy, was I ever excited! I told him he had just two little pieces left and he could have a milkshake. He choked down the first one and I thought we were home free. I gave him the second thinking, YES!!! He's eating them! It doesn't even seem like he hates them. Why didn't I do this sooner? I'm so smart.... And then, yeah, they came up, along with a little bit of his dinner.

FINE!!!!!

The cutest thing, he asks me:
"Do I still get a milkshake?"
"Yes, Ethan, you still get a milkshake."

No comments: